Assign Additional Voicemail boxes to a Phone Number
This article covers how to assign additional voicemail boxes to users that are handling calls from a single telephone number. Site Administrators are responsible for setting up and assigning voicemail boxes, also known as Messaging Stations. Because users won’t be able to receive voicemail until the messaging station has been assigned to a telephone number, this is a critical step.
Site Administrators will have to go to the My Account Portal found here: https://businessdigital.verizon.com/
My Rules– Help Topics
The following topics will help you with common Unified Messaging related questions.
A. How do I assign voicemail to a user that is receiving calls from a phone number that is shared with other users?
- Login to the My Account Portal.
- Click the My Site tab.
- Select a site from the list on the left. The My Site dashboard appears displaying quick links.
- Click the Phone Assignments tab at the top of the screen.
From here, you can assign phone numbers, modify extensions, assign phone to users, and modify the user’s first, last name, User ID and email.
The following describes the columns on the Phone Assignment tab:
- Phone Number – phone number associated with each user. This is required. The voicemail box will be assigned to a phone number.
- Station – station type assigned to the user. Stations represent the features that the user receives. Until this is assigned, this field will be blank.
- Extension – extension assigned to the user. By default, the last four digits of the phone number represent the extension.
- Model – This field will remain blank. A phone is not required for additional voicemail boxes.
- MAC Address – This field will remain blank. A MAC address is not required for additional voicemail boxes.
- Double-click on the Phone Number to which you want to assign the messaging station. The Station, Device and User Assignment pop-up appears.
- Select the Messaging Station from the drop-down list.
- Click Next to the Phone and Model Assignment tab.
Note: Messaging users do not have a phone, MAC Address, Ports or Multiple Lines associated with their station.
- Click Assign.
- Click Next to advance to the User Info tab.
- Enter the user’s First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the voicemail Extension. By default, it will be the last four digits of the assigned phone number. The extension can be 2 – 6 numeric digits.
- Enter the User ID. The user will use this to log in to the My Phone portal to view and listen to messages.
- Enter the user’s email address. This email address receives My Phone credentials and voice portal information. When passwords are modified, the user is notified at this address.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for each user.