Admin Portal: Call Pickup
What you need to know
Group Call Pickup enables a user to answer any ringing line within their pickup group. A pickup group is a group administrator-defined set of users within a Site, to which the Call Pickup feature applies. The Group Call Pickup feature requires Call Pickup groups to be added, modified, and removed as well as assigning specific users to that pickup group.
To view a video on how to perform Call Pickup on a device, click here.
- Group Call Pickup is a site-level feature.
- A user can only be assigned to one Call Pickup group.
- A Call Pickup group may only have assigned users from the same site.
- A site may have multiple Call Pickup groups.
- Call Pickup group names must be unique.
- Assigning a user to a Call Pickup group removes the barge-in restriction, if enabled for that user.
Adding a Call Pickup Group
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the Site drop-down menu in the upper, right-hand corner.
- Select the Advanced Services tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Under Call Routing, select Call Pickup.
- Select the Add button to add a Call Pickup Group. The settings screen appears.
- Within the settings area, enter a Group Name. This is a required field, as it is used to identify the group below.
- Select Save.
- Add users by selecting a user from the Available user list. This is a list of eligible and available users in the site that can be put into the Call Pickup group. Select a user from the Available list by selecting the checkbox to the left of the user.
- When all desired users are selected, hit the right arrow to add them to the Assigned list.
- Select Save to keep the changes.
Note: The save button must be selected after the Group Name is entered before the Available user list is populated.