Admin Portal: Music On Hold
What you need to know
You can assign and configure the music your callers hear when they are placed on hold. You can use the default system music or customized Music On Hold.
- Default: The system plays music to fill the silence and allow the customer to know they are still connected.
- Custom: Enables you to upload a customized message.
Before the Music On Hold service can be used, it must be purchased and provisioned for the site.
Configuring Music On Hold
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the Site drop-down menu on the dashboard.
- Select Advanced Services from the left-hand navigation.
- Select the Site Package Settings tab.
- Select Music On Hold.
- Choose when to play music on hold. Choose from:
- On Hold: Will play music for calls that are placed on hold.
- Call Park: Will play music for calls that are parked.
- Select the source. This setting assigns either the default music on hold or a custom music on hold file.
- System: If selected, the default music on hold file will be played to callers placed on hold.
- Custom: Choose this option to assign a custom music on hold file. Note: This file needs to have the following attributes - CCITT u-Law 8.000 kHz, 8 bit Mono .WAV file format.
- Select Save to save your changes.