Admin Portal: Shared Call Appearance
You can configure Shared Call Appearance (also known as Shared Line Appearance) on a physical phone. This will enable users to receive calls placed to another user's extension (from their own phone), to place calls from another user's extension, and to see the status of that extension from the line key on their own phone. An example of this is an executive assistant who wants to be able to make and receive calls from the boss's line.
Note: When sharing a number or extension across multiple devices, the user will lose functionality like call forwarding, transfer, and direct dialing.
Configuring sharing on your physical phone (VoIP desk phone)
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Users tab in the left-hand navigation. A list of all users will be displayed.
- Choose the user you would like to share out and select the Actions drop-down menu and then Edit. Example: If Justin wants to be able to place and receive calls from Tyler’s line, you would select Tyler’s phone number.
- The Edit User window will appear. From here, go to the Devices tab in the left-hand navigation and then select the Shared Devices tab at the top of the page.
- Click in the Find and add devices search bar. A list of available devices will appear. Select the device you would like to add as a shared line.
- Then select Save to save your changes.
- Adding a shared device to a user will have it ring on all devices. However, you can enable or disable the following ring settings for shared devices on the Mobile & PC Applications tab in the Edit User window:
- Ring all shared devices and applications when Click to Dial Calls are received.
- Ring all shared devices and applications when group Pages are received.
- Ring all shared devices and applications when a call is parked on a line.
- Select Save to save your changes.
- Lastly, you will need to reboot the shared device for the shared line to show. You reboot the phone from the Devices tab of the admin portal, or you can power-cycle/reboot the phone.