Enabling/Disabling the Barge In feature for a User
What you need to know
The Barge In feature enables a user to use a Feature Access Code (FAC) to answer a call that was directed to another subscriber, or barge-in on the call if it was already answered. Barge In can be used across locations.
To barge in on a call, the User will dial Feature Access Code *33. You will then hear a stutter dial-tone (if enabled) to let you know the system recognizes the access code and is ready for you to enter the number to which you want to barge-in. When connected, barge-in creates a three-way call among all parties.
This feature can be configured from the My Phone Portal. Note: Only the site administrator can setup users in the My Phone portal. Ask your site administrator if you do not have access into the My Phone portal.
To manage a user’s Barge In settings:
- Log in to the Enterprise Portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Users tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Select the user and click Edit.
- Select Visibility Options from the menu on the left.
- Select the Barge In tab.
- Click Do Not Allow Users to Barge In, if you do not want the User to able to barge-in on calls.
- Check Barge-in Warning Tone to hear a stutter dial tone warning if another User is barging in on this User’s call. The tone is played after the Feature Access Code (*33) is dialed.