Business Continuity (My Account)
The Business Continuity feature allows you to choose a phone number (aside from your office number) to receive calls in the event your office phone is not reachable, disconnected, or service is unavailable. Once phone continuity issues are resolved, the feature automatically sends calls back to your office phone. For example- if you lose power during a thunderstorm, calls are automatically routed to a pre-determined number.
Site Administrators will have to go to the My Account Portal found at the following URL to configure this feature: https://businessdigital.verizon.com/
Business Continuity – Help Topics
The following topics will help you with common Business Continuity related questions.
A. How do I set up Business Continuity for a phone number within My Site?
- Login to the My Account Portal.
- Click the My Site tab.
- Select the site from the list on the left. The My Site dashboard appears displaying quick links.
- Go to Set Business Continuity.
- Click the Business Continuity button.
- Select the number you would like to configure and click Edit.
- Determine the forward to numbers. Options include: Internal, External and Do Not Forward.
- If Internal is selected, a dropdown will appear and allow you to select a predetermined number. You will have the option to automatically send calls to voicemail once forwarded by checking the Send to voice mail box. You can also set all the numbers to forward to this number by checking the Set all numbers to this phone number box.
- If External is selected, enter the external number you would like to forward the calls to. You can also set all the numbers to forward to this number by checking the Set all numbers to this phone number box.