Call Waiting (My Phone)
The Call Waiting feature, allows you to place a call on hold to answer a different call. When you are on an active call, a tone alerts you to a new call and you can choose to answer or ignore the call.
This feature can be configured from the My Phone Portal found at the following URL:
*Please Note: Only the site administrator can setup users in the My Phone portal. Ask your site administrator if you do not have access into the My Phone portal.
What you need to know
The following topics will help you with common Call Waiting related questions.
A. How do I enable Call Waiting?
- From the My Phone dashboard, click on the My Features tab.
- Select Call Waiting from your list of features.
- To enable call waiting, select Allow me to answer additional incoming calls.
- If you want the call to forward to a different number (such as your assistant’s or the receptionist), check the Forward to number button and select a number from the drop-down menu.
- If you are already on multiple calls and your call queue is full, simply choose Forward to my Voice Mail to send the call to your voice mail.
Please Note: If the admin changes Call Waiting in My Account portal, it will override changes made in My Phone. In the same way, changes made by admin in My Phone will override those changes made in My Account portal.