A. Feature Overview
You can get an email notification when you receive a call that meets criteria you define. You can define criteria to include calls from any number, or set up a list of up to 12 phone numbers or digit patterns, a specified time schedule, and a specified holiday schedule.
- Only one email address can be entered. Use a distribution list for multiple addresses.
- After an email address is entered it cannot be deleted. It can be overwritten with a new address.
- The outgoing email address is set by the system and cannot be branded for a specific service provider or enterprise. The email address used as the “from” address does not translate to an actual mailbox. Any replies to the address results in an undeliverable message response to the sender.
- The Call Notify feature has the following interaction/precedence with other features:
- Alternate Numbers - Call Notify applies to all alternate numbers for a user.
- Hunt Group – Hunt Groups takes precedence over Call Notify. Call Notify settings are not applied to a call to a user in a Hunt Group.
- Call Park/Retrieve - Call Notify does not send a notification email when a recall occurs.
- Call Waiting - Call Notify applies to waiting calls for a user.
- Directed Call Pick-up/Directed Call Pick-up with Barge-in - Call Notify does not report when a user invokes these features to pick up calls.
- Do Not Disturb - Call Notify reports incoming calls when Do Not Disturb is active.
C. Log In
- Log in to the My Phone dashboard at https://businessdigital.verizon.com/myphone/.
- Enter your User Name and Password. Use the login information provided by your administrator.
- Click Login. The My Phone home page appears.
D. Enable/Disable Call Notify
- Click the My Rules tab on the toolbar.
- Click My Rules on the menu on the left. Call forwarding options appear on the right.
- Select Call Notify from the drop-down list.
- Click to add a rule.
- Enter an email address in the Call Notify Settings field.
- Click Save. A confirmation pop-up appears. Once you enter an email address for call notifications you cannot delete it; only replace it with a new address.
- Click Yes. The Call Notify pop-up appears.
- Enter a Rule name.
- Select a Time Schedule from the drop-down list, if applicable.
- Select a Holiday Schedule from the drop-down list, if applicable.
- Select Any external phone number if you want to be notified of a call from any number.
Select Following phone numbers if you only want to be notified when you receive a call from certain numbers.
Select Any private number or Any unavailable number, (you must select at least one).
Enter a telephone number and click to add it.
- Repeat step 11 to add more phone numbers, if applicable.
- Click Save. The My Rules screen reappears.
NOTE: Refer to the My Rules User Guide for additional information on configuring schedules.