A. Feature Overview
You can get an email notification when you receive a call that meets criteria you define. You can define criteria to include calls from any number, or set up a list of up to 12 phone numbers or digit patterns, a specified time schedule, and a specified holiday schedule.
- Only one email address can be entered. Use a distribution list for multiple addresses.
- After an email address is entered it cannot be deleted. It can be overwritten with a new address.
- The outgoing email address is set by the system and cannot be branded for a specific service provider or enterprise. The email address used as the “from” address does not translate to an actual mailbox. Any replies to the address results in an undeliverable message response to the sender.
- The Call Notify feature has the following interaction/precedence with other features:
- Alternate Numbers - Call Notify applies to all alternate numbers for a user.
- Hunt Group – Hunt Groups takes precedence over Call Notify. Call Notify settings are not applied to a call to a user in a Hunt Group.
- Call Park/Retrieve - Call Notify does not send a notification email when a recall occurs.
- Call Waiting - Call Notify applies to waiting calls for a user.
- Directed Call Pick-up/Directed Call Pick-up with Barge-in - Call Notify does not report when a user invokes these features to pick up calls.
- Do Not Disturb - Call Notify reports incoming calls when Do Not Disturb is active.
C. Enable/Disable Call Notify
- From the My Phone portal, click the Call Settings page.
- Scroll down to Call Notify.
- To enable Call Notify, click on the toggle button to the right of the text. When it’s enabled, it will turn from gray to color. To disable, click on the toggle button again, when disabled, it should change from color to gray. Enter a valid Email Address.
- Select a pre-defined schedule from the drop-down menu and click Add Schedule Button.
- The Apply a Schedule box should appear.
- Make sure your “When” field shows which schedule you currently want to use.
- Select the numbers for this specific alert.
- You can either chose Any Phone Number (to get alerts for all calls) or Select Phone Numbers (to get alerts for specific calls).
- Choose Ring or Don’t Ring.
- Click the Save button.
- In the main screen, click the Save.