Hoteling Guest User
What you need to know
This article describes the Hoteling Guest feature.
A. Feature Overview
Hoteling enables a user’s phone profile of phone number, features, and calling plan to be temporarily loaded onto a shared (host) phone. It is comprised of two features: Hoteling Host and Hoteling Guest that work together to allow you to designate specific phones (hosts) that users (guests) can temporarily log into and use as their own phone. When a guest logs in to a host phone, their user profile is automatically transferred to the device. The host device then becomes the user’s primary device while they are logged into it. The Hoteling feature is useful for companies with traveling users which enables workers to be in a remote office but still have the functionality of their main desk phone with the same features. It is also useful in a call center environment where a site may have a limited number of phones but need their employees to share their phones over multiple shifts while being able to maintain a specific profile acting as their agent identity in the call center.
B. Feature Setup
- Log in to the My Phone portal at https://businessdigital.verizon.com/myphone/control/login
- Click the My Features tab.
- Click Hoteling Guest on the menu on the left.
- Click Get Available Hosts to see a list of available host numbers.
- Check the box next to the phone you want to use to associate it to your user profile.
Note: Click Remove Association to remove a host from your profile.