What you need to know
This article describes the Priority Alert feature.
A. Feature Overview
Priority Alert is a premium user level feature that allows your phone to ring with a different cadence based on pre-defined criteria. You can use this feature to be notified when a specific number is calling or when a call is from inside or outside your group. The criteria for each Priority Alert entry can be a list of up to 12 phone numbers or digit patterns, a specified time schedule, and a specified holiday schedule.
- Hunt Group – Hunt Group takes precedence over Priority Alert. Priority Alert settings are not applied to Hunt Group calls.
- Call Waiting – Priority Alert applies to waiting calls and applies a distinctive ring per the defined criteria.
- Remote Office – If Remote Office is enabled, the Priority Alert feature is not applied on incoming calls.
- Simultaneous Ringing/Anywhere/Mobility – Priority Alert only applies to the main endpoint and not to secondary locations.
C. Feature Setup
- Log in to the My Phone dashboard at https://businessdigital.verizon.com/myphone/.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- Click Login. The My Phone home page appears.
- Click the My Rules tab on the toolbar.
- Click My Rules on the menu on the left.
- Select Priority Alert from the drop-down list.
- Click to add a rule. The Priority Alert pop-up appears.
- Enter a Rule name.
- Select a Time Schedule for business hours, if applicable.
- Select a Holiday Schedule, if applicable.
- Select Any phone number.
- Click Save. The My Rules screen reappears.
Note: Refer to the My Rules User Guide for more information about configuring schedules.
Select Following phone numbers to add a list of specific phone numbers.
Select Any private number or Any unavailable number (you must select at least 1).
Enter a telephone number and click the plus sign (+) to add it.