Initiating My Room Sessions
My Room is your own personal virtual conference room where you can collaborate with your internal and external contacts. This guide reviews how to initiate a My Room session, call into your room, and how to share your desktop.
A. Initiating a My Room Session
To join My Room from your desktop app, follow these steps:
- Click on the My Room icon, and the My Room session automatically begins.
You can add a colleague to join your My Room Session, either by sending a chat to join your Room, or drag-and-drop available contacts into your room. Participants must accept your request to be added to your Room.
Request colleagues to join your My Room session:
- Select the Contacts icon.
Invite guest participants without an account:
You can invite outside guests into your My Room session. Guest can join a My Room session via invitation that provides the guest with a conference ID and pin. To invite a guest to a My Room session, from your My Room:
- Click on Copy My Room invitation link.
- Paste copied invitation to a chat or email.
- Click on Email My Room Invitation, an email is initiated. Once guests receive the message, they can click on the link to join in your room.
Note: Guests outside the company do not have private chat capabilities, however; they can see the chat history of the active My Room session.
B. Calling into your My Room Session via Voice Call
To initiate a Voice Call with My Room Participants, follow these steps:
- Click the Call button, or the Call from Phone button. A call is initiated into your Conference Bridge.
- Your Conference ID and Moderator Pin will automatically be entered and your call is connected.
C. Sharing Desktop in a My Room Session
While in a My Room session, follow these stpes to share your desktop:
- Click the Share Desktop button.
- Choose which Application you would like to share.
- Click Start Sharing to begin sharing your screen.
Note: Once in sharing mode, you can choose to pause, stop, or select another application to share or preview.