Assign Additional Voicemail boxes to a Phone Number
What you need to know
This article covers how to assign additional voicemail boxes to users that are handling calls from a single telephone number. Site Administrators are responsible for setting up and assigning voicemail boxes, also known as Messaging Stations. Because Users won’t be able to receive voicemail until the messaging station has been assigned to a telephone number, this is a critical step. Site Administrators will log in to the My Account Portal found here: https://businessdigital.verizon.com/rep/
A. How do I assign voicemail to a user that is receiving calls from phone number that is shared with other users?
- Login to the New My Account Portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- From the dashboard, click Stations.
- Select Messaging Station under Station Type and click Edit. The Edit User Assignment window appears.
- Click the User Info tab.
- Enter the user’s First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the voicemail Extension. By default, it will be the last four digits of the assigned phone number. The extension can be 2 - 6 numeric digits.
- Enter the User ID. The user will use this to log in to the My Phone portal to view and listen to messages.
- Enter the user’s email address. This email address receives My Phone credentials and voice portal information. When passwords are modified, the user is notified at this address.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps for each user.