What you need to know
This article provides details on the Voice Portal and how to access and manage it as an Administrator.
The Voice Portal provides an easy way to manage your voice mailbox, record Auto Attendant greetings, and remotely modify call-forwarding options from any telephone. To access your voice portal, simply call your voice portal telephone number, log in, and follow the audio prompts.
Feature Setup and Usage
Upon service activation, you will receive an email containing your voice portal number. This is the phone number used to when recording your auto attendant greetings and also the phone number used to access voicemail settings and messages for end users.
Please Note: Each site will be assigned a unique Voice Portal number.
Change your Voice Portal passcode
- Log in to the Enterprise Portal.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Advanced Services in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Go to Voice Portals under Site Package Settings.
- Choose the voice portal number from the drop-down menu.
- You can change the Extension of the Voice Portal in the Extension field. The Voice Portal extension is typically the last four digits of the Voice Portal telephone number.
- To change the Voice Portal password, enter the password under Credentials, then confirm the password.
Using the Voice Portal to record Auto Attendant Greetings
- Dial your voice portal number.
- If initially prompted to enter your passcode, press * to return to the enter mail box ID prompt.
- At the enter mail box ID prompt, enter the Voice Portal extension followed by #.
- At the enter passcode prompt, enter the Voice Portal administrator passcode followed by #.
- Press 1 to change Auto Attendant greetings.
- Press 1 for Business Hours or press 2 for After Hours to change the Auto Attendant Greeting.
Upon access to the Voice Portal as an admin, you will be routed to the Main Menu. The diagram below provides details regarding the menus and sub-menus.