What you need to know
This article describes the Office Anywhere feature.
Office Anywhere is a mobility feature providing users with the following functionality:
- Receive calls on an alternate phone - Office Anywhere allows calls placed to a user’s office phone to ring any phone(s) set up with the feature. Most users designate their mobile phone as their “Office Anywhere phone.”
- Place calls from an alternate phone - users can place calls that display the outbound caller ID of their desktop phone from their Office Anywhere phone.
- “Push” and “pull” active calls between desktop and mobile phones - when on an active call using a desktop phone, users can push that call to their Office Anywhere phone. Conversely, while on an active call on a designated Office Anywhere phone, users can pull the call to their desktop phone.
- Place long distance and international calls from an alternate phone - when users place long distance or international calls from an Office Anywhere phone, usage is tracked and reflected on the Virtual Communications Express invoice just as any other toll calls would.
Users can manage the Office Anywhere feature on the My Phone dashboard: https://businessdigital.verizon.com/myphone/.
Note: This feature is referred to as “Anywhere” on the My Phone dashboard.
Once the designated Office Anywhere phone is set up, to place and receive Office Anywhere calls users must first dial the Office Anywhere number. Administrators can change the Office Anywhere settings as needed.
B. Sign In
- Go to https://businessdigital.verizon.com/myphone/.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click Sign In. The dashboard appears.
- Click (Services) on the menu on the left.
- Click Office Anywhere. The Office Anywhere screen appears.
C. Configure Office Anywhere
- Click Add at the bottom of the screen to add Office Anywhere. The Add Office Anywhere screen appears.
- Select a Site from the drop-down list.
- Select a Phone Number from the drop-down list.
- Assign a Name.
- Enter the Extension.
- Select a User Selection:
- Company - any user in the company (any site location) with the Office Anywhere feature assigned can access this Office Anywhere Portal.
- Site - only users in this specific site, with the Office Anywhere service assigned to them, can access this Office Anywhere Portal.
- Check Silent prompt mode if users accessing the Office Anywhere portal dial from a phone where they can configure the password they use to access their Office Anywhere portal to dial automatically.
- Click Save.