Simultaneous Ring (also known as Sim Ring) is a Mobility feature that, when enabled, rings your office phone and another phone of your choice at the same time. Additionally, rules can be assigned to this feature so calls will ring your Simultaneous Ring phones only during certain times of the day, days or the week, or from specified phone numbers.
This feature can be configured from the My Phone Portal found at the following URL:
*Please Note: Only the site administrator can setup users in the My Phone portal. Ask your site administrator if you do not have access into the My Phone portal.
What you need to know
A. How do I set-up Simultaneous Ring (Sim Ring)?
You can configure up to 10 Simultaneous Ring numbers to ring along with your desktop phone. This could include your home phone, cell phone, or others.
To add a Simultaneous Ring number:
- From the My Phone dashboard, click on My Features.
- Select Sim Ring/Anywhere.
- In the Phone Number field, enter the phone number and select Sim Ring from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click the Plus (+) sign. A window will open asking if you would like to require answer confirmation for this number. This will require you to press any digit on your keypad if you receive a call on your Sim Ring device to alert you this is a call that has been made to your business/office number. Click Yes to enable.
- Once configured, you will see the number in the display window.
- To delete a number from the list, click the delete option and click Yes to confirm.
B. How do I set-up rules for the Sim Ring feature?
To set a rule up for Sim Ring:
- From the My Phone dashboard, go to My Rules.
- From the drop-down menu, select Sim Ring and the Plus (+) sign.
- Next, enter the name of your rule, for example, My Sim Ring.
- Enter the schedule you would like to use for this feature. For this example, let’s use Every Day All Day and None for Holiday Schedule.
- Next, select the calls to which the rule will apply. You may apply the rule to calls placed from any number or from specific numbers. Choose from:
- Any external phone number – which applies to any external call places to your number.
- Following numbers – which applies to only the phone numbers you have added in the number field. Click the Plus (+) to add the phone numbers.
- Any private number – which applies to calls from an unidentified number.
- Any unavailable numbers – which applies to calls that do not have an identified caller ID and are presented as unavailable.
- Click Save to save your rule. You will see the rule displayed in the list of active rules.