Setting up Voicemail
What you need to know
Before you get started with Voicemail, there are two powerful web portals available for managing your Business Digital Voice Voicemail features: My Account – for Administrator Users and My Phone for End Users. These portals can be found at the following URLs:
*Please Note: As an administrator, you will receive an email before your Business Digital Voice installation containing a username and temporary password for the My Account Portal.
*Please Note: Only the site administrator can setup users in the My Phone portal. Ask your site administrator if you do not have access into the My Phone portal.
The following topics will help you with common Voicemail related questions:
A. How do I assign Voicemail to Phone numbers?
To assign Voicemail to a phone number, you must first sign into the My Account portal at: https://businessdigital.verizon.com/
1. Once you are logged in, go to the My Site tab.
2. Then, select the name of your site.
3. Click on the Phone Assignment tab.
4. Double-click the phone number you would like to assign Voicemail to.
5. A new dialog box will appear. Click on the User Info Tab.
6. Enter the User ID and Email address for the My Phone account user.
7. Within 15 minutes, your user will receive with a temporary Voicemail password.
B. How do I access my Voicemail?
You can access your Voicemail from any of the following ways:
Access your Voicemail from your Business Digital Voice Polycom phone:
1. Dial your Voice Portal phone number or extension or press the Messages button on your Polycom phone.
2. Enter your temporary passcode from the email you received.
3. Follow prompts to change your temporary password.
Access your Voicemail from another Business Digital Voice phone within your office:
1. Dial your Voice Portal phone number or extension or the Messages button on the Polycom phone.
2. Immediately press the star (*) key.
3. Enter your 10-digit telephone number.
4. Enter your temporary passcode from the email you received.
5. Follow the prompts to change your temporary passcode.
Access your Voicemail from another phone number outside of your office:
1. Dial your Voice Portal phone number.
2. Once you reach your Voicemail greeting, press the star (*) key.
3. Enter your temporary Voicemail passcode from the email you received.
4. Follow the prompts to change your temporary password.
C. What are the Voice Portal Main Menu Options?
The following diagram provides you with the Voice Portal Main Menu options:
D. How do I reset my Voicemail passcode from the My Phone portal?
To change your Voice Portal (or Voicemail) Passcode:
1. Click the Profile Button.
2. Then, click the Reset Voice Portal Password Button. Your temporary Passcode will be emailed to you.
3. Use this Passcode to access your Voicemail box.
4. Once you have successfully accessed you Voicemail box, the system will prompt you to change your Passcode.
E. How do I reset a Users’ Voicemail Password as an Administrator?
Administrators can reset Users’ Voicemail Passwords from the My Account Portal. You will need to login in the My Account portal found at: https://businessdigital.verizon.com/
To change a User’s Voicemail password:
1. From the My Account Home screen, navigate to the My Site tab.
2. Click the name of your site. You will be routed to the My Site Dashboard.
3. From here, click the Phone Assignment tab.
4. Double click the phone number you want to reset voicemail for.
5. A dialog box will appear. Next, click User Info.
6. Click Reset Voicemail Password. A temporary Password will be sent to the User at the email address entered in the My Phone User Info