The Alternate Numbers feature allows multiple phone numbers to ring into the same phone with different ring tones to distinguish what lines are being called. All that is required is the extra phone number(s), new stations or lines are not required. Additional telephone numbers is an optional upgrade feature that can be ordered.
Before the Alternate Numbers feature can be used, the following conditions must be met:
- At least one number must be available to be assigned to a station package.
- At least one additional phone number must be available to be assigned as an Alternate Number.
Configuring alternate numbers
To configure for a user, follow these steps:
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Go to the Users tab.
- Find the user you would like to assign an alternative number to and select the Actions drop-down menu and then select Edit.
- The Edit User window will appear. Select User Assignments from the left-hand navigation.
- Under the Alternate Number section, select Add Alternate Number.
- Check Use distinctive ringing to assign a specific ring pattern to that number. This tone will identify that a call is coming from that specific alternate number.
- Select the number from the drop-down list of available numbers.
- Select a ring pattern from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save to save your changes.